Friday, May 25, 2012

As For Me

Scripture:

Micah 7:7 "As for me, I look to the Lord for help.  I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me".

Observation:

Micah had great understanding of God.  He knew God is the god who saves and delivers His people.  He knew he could be confident about this because he knew his God.  Here he is basically saying, "You can do whatever you want, but as for me, I am looking to the Lord".  He knew that, if he looked to the Lord that he would be saved.  He knew God would hear his prayer.  He understood how God operates and had confidence because of it.

Application:

Sometimes when things get difficult or don't go the way we want them to, we have to trust God and look to Him.  We must develop our faith in Him to where we look to Him in every situation of life, knowing that He will save and rescue us.  We must know that we will be heard by God when we cry out to Him.  No matter what people say about us, we must say, "as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord".  We must learn to wait confidently as this verse says.  We give up too easy and must learn the art of waiting confidently or in full expectation that the Lord will come through on our behalf.

Prayer:

Lord, once again, develop my faith.  Teach me to wait confidently because I know who You are and how Your operate.  Let me understand You more and more so that I know how Your respond in each situation.  I want to know your heart on issues.  The better I know You, the more confident I will be in Your response.  Help me to know You more.

Sincerely,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment