Monday, May 7, 2012

Everywhere Except

Scripture:

Hosea 7:16 "They look everywhere except to the Most High. They are as useless as crooked bows".

Observation:

Hosea is talking about Israel's unfaithfulness to God. As one of the complaints God has about them, He uses this phrase, "they look everywhere except to the Most High". I see this as true of mankind everywhere and throughout all times. When we are in trouble, we look everywhere except the Lord and when we are in a terrible situation because of our disobedience, we turn our eyes to the Lord. Hosea says that this type of person is as useless as a crooked bow, it won't do what it was designed to do. It never hits its target.

Application:

When we don't look to the Lord Most High with problems in our lives, we become like a crooked bow. We never hit our target. Everything we try seems to miss the mark. God has always desired a people who would look to Him as their all-sufficient savior. He desires a people who will turn to Him in every situation, yet most of us are content to continue looking everywhere else except the Lord when we are in trouble. I don't want to miss the target of my designer, therefore I will look to the Lord.

Prayer:

Help me Father to look to You in every situation I find myself in. Teach me to depend on You more and rely on myself less and less. I want to hit the target and not be a crooked bow that never hits its intended mark. You are the answer to my life, my family, my finances, my church and my city. You are the answer! Thanks for reminding me.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment