Friday, May 18, 2012

The Lord Himself Will Be King!

Scripture:

Obadiah 21 "Those who have been rescued will go up to Mount Zion in Jerusalem to rule over the mountains of Edom. And the Lord Himself will be king!"

Observation:

Throughout Israel's Old Testament history God wanted them to be His people and He wanted to be their king. He was crushed when they decided that they wanted a human king, but because of their whining about it, He gave them King Saul. This was not His first choice. Still today, God wants to be king in our lives. He strongly desires a people who are fully and completely surrendered to Him.

Application:

God doesn't force Himself on anyone. He is a gentleman. He wants to be king of our lives, but won't force himself into leadership in our lives. In order for His will to be accomplished in our lives, we must submit ourselves to His will. He wants to be king in our lives, but He gives us the option. As king, His intentions are nothing but good and blessing for His people, yet we struggle to give Him complete control. We must let Him be king! It has always been Him desire.

Prayer:

Father, I submit myself to You will in my life. I want You to be king and for Jeff to step off the throne of my life. I trust You completely and want You to rule my life. You are amazing and as I read Your word, it appears clearly to me how You work in our lives. Reign in my life King Jesus!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment