Thursday, May 17, 2012

Love One Another

Scripture:

II John 5 "I am writing to remind you, dear friends, that we should love one another. This is not a new commandment, but one we have had from the beginning".

Observation:

John is writing to remind God's people to love one another. He follows it up with "This is not a new commandment, but one we have had from the beginning". Loving one another is foundational and was the root of Christ's teaching. Jesus said the two greatest commands were love God with everything and love your neighbor as yourself. He said that the world would know we were His disciples by the love we have for one another. Love is the first fruit of the Spirit. It is what should come from those who belong to Christ.

Application:

From the beginning, the teaching of Christ would lead us into loving one another. We must learn to love everyone as Christ loves them. We must love those who hurt us, use us and walk out on us. We must love those who are unlovable as Christ did. His example of loving those who were killing Him is amazing! Find someone to love today. Mend a relationship, build new friendship, show the love of Christ.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to love like Jesus loved. Increase my love for the people you died for. I want to be known as a person who loved people. Help me to demonstrate that love in real ways today. Let the love of Christ flow through my life as I reach out to people today. Fill me with Your love.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment