Tuesday, May 8, 2012

He Met God Face to Face

Scripture:

Hosea 12:4 "Yes, he wrestled with the angel and won. He wept and pleaded for a blessing from him. There at Bethel he met God face to face, and God spoke to him".

Observation:

This is a description of Jacob. He is saying that God is about to punish Jacob, Judah, for all his ways. He talks about how Jacob fought in the womb, when he grew, and even fought with God. In the midst of this I see that at Bethel, Jacob wrestled with an angel and met God face to to face. This guy had some audacity and tenacity! He wanted a blessing and he wasn't going to stop wrestling the angel until he got it.

Application:

We generally feel like, "if God wants to touch me, He will come down and touch me". We need to be more like Jacob who wrestled with God and won. He was determined to be blessed by God and would do whatever it took to get it. He wept, pleaded and wrestled with an angel before he saw God face to face. If we are ever going to see God come down in power and true revival break forth, we are going to have to wrestle with God until He comes down and blesses us. There must be effort on our part of seeking Him. He says if we seek Him with all our heart, He will be found by us. It's time to wrestle!

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I want to see revival in my generation. I want You to come down and sweep multitudes into Your kingdom. I want you to reign and rule over Ashburn, Loudoun, and Northern VA. You are God and seek You with all my heart. I want to see You face to face. I want Your presence to fill the earth like waters cover the sea. Give me the strength to continue the fight and give me others who will join in until You come in Your power.

Your,
Jeffs

No comments:

Post a Comment