Monday, May 14, 2012

Intimacy and Expectations

Scripture:

Amos 3:2 "From among all the families on the earth, I have been intimate with you alone. That is why I must punish you for all your sins".

Observation:

God tells Israel, through His prophet Amos, that they were the only nation he had been intimate with. He didn't show His love to all nations, but chose Israel to be His very own people. Because He had been intimate with them alone, there were some expectations that came along with intimacy. He had chosen them above all, yet they had gone after other gods. The punishment would be severe because of the intimacy and commitment of God toward them.

Application:

In our everyday lives, intimacy brings with it expectations. When we are intimate with someone, there are expectations placed because we are intimate. Trust is important because in intimacy things are shared. The closer you get to God, the more will be expected of your life. The more You know Him, them greater the expectations placed on you. The more intimacy with Him, the more judgment as well. God has chosen us all and wants us all to be His, but those who have grown closer, will have more expectations on their lives. Don't run from it, but to it. The intimacy is worth the expectations.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to know You more each day. I want to hear your voice whisper in my ear. I want to be touch by what touches You. I want to see Your face and know You will at all times. I want to walk with You as friend with friend.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment