Friday, June 1, 2012

As Recorded in the Books

Scripture:

Revelation 20:12 "I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God's throne, and the books were opened, including the Book of Life.  And the dead were judged according what they had done, as recorded in the books".

Observation:

In this passage, John is describing the Great White throne judgment, where everyone will be judged according to what they did in this life.  These books apparently contain records of everything we have said or done in this lifetime.  We are told elsewhere that every knee will bow and every tongues confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.  It appears this is the place because here each individual will stand before him and give account for what they did on the earth.

Application:

Imagine living life with a video recorder around you that recorded everything you did or said.  Imagine knowing everything you did was being recorded in heaven.  The fact is, this is happening!  Everything we do, or don't do, is being recorded in heaven and we will stand before God and give an account one day of these things.  This is a very scary thought.  A thought that should help me live a better life each day.

Prayer:

Father, as I look at this verse I am convicted about things in my life.  Help me to live a life where I wouldn't be ashamed of any part of it being broadcast in front of You.  Help me to walk in complete obedience in every area of my life.  I want my books to be filled with good info that I would not be ashamed of.

Sincerely,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment