Thursday, June 14, 2012

Listening for His Voice

Scripture:

Habakkuk 2:1  "I will climb up to my watchtower and stand at my guardpost.  There I will wait to see what the Lord says and how He will answer my complaint".

Observation:

Habakkuk presents complaints to the Lord and then waits to hear God's reply.  He had just complained that Israel's enemies were going to wipe them out and they would be led away into bondage somewhere.  He was basically saying, "Are you really going to let this happen?"  Then he climbs to his watchtower, stands at his guardpost and waits to hear God's reply.  The next verse starts with "Then the Lord said to me".  Maybe if we climb our watchtower, stand at our guardposts, and wait to hear from the Lord, then we will hear the voice of the Lord.

Application:

Today we love to pray, pray, pray, but are not good at listening for the Lord's voice.  There needs to be times in our lives that we climb the watchtower and listen for a while to what the Lord is speaking.  We desperately need to hear His voice, yet most of us don't make the time to listen.  We must shift our prayer time to spend more time listening to the voice of God and doing what He says.

Prayer:

Lord, help me implement this into my life.  Enable me to take some time to just listen to You speak. I want You to lead my church, my family, and my region.  Help me to take the time to listen to what You are doing and want to do in the earth.  I want to hear clearly the word of the Lord.  Attune my ears to Your voice and let me know what the Spirit is saying to the church.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment