Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Humility and Exaltation

Scripture:

Luke 14:11 "For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted".

Observation:

All through Scripture, God speaks about humbling ourselves before Him.  We are told that God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.  We are told that God hates a proud look.  Jesus is speaking to a group of religious people who were trying to get the best seats at a banquet.  He said it was better to take the lowest seat and let the owner upgrade you than to take the best and someone more important comes and you get bumped down.

Application:

God loves and gives grace to the humble.  The meek will inherit the earth.  We should not seek the best positions, places, etc.  We are called to be the greatest servants of all.  God tell us to humble ourselves under His mighty hand and that He would raise us up at the right time.  As we serve with true humility, God sees and begins to honor us.  When He does begin to honor us, we need to stay humble and choose the worst seats instead of feeling we deserve something better.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, Help me to walk in humility and resist pride and arrogance.  I want to serve You and others well.  Help me never to think more of myself than I ought.  I need You desperately!  Help me be more like Jesus who came not to be served, but to serve and give His life a ransom for many.  Let me have a true servant's heart.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment