Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Waiting for my Promise

Scripture:

Luke 18:29-30 "'Yes', Jesus replied, 'and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or wife, or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the Kingdom of God, will be repaid many times over in this life, and will have eternal life in the world to come.'"

Observation:

Jesus is replying to Peter who said, "We've left our homes to follow you".  He tells Peter that anyone who has given up houses, and people for the sake of the Kingdom, will be repaid many times over "in this life" and will have eternal life in the world to come.  He promises Peter something awesome that I am claiming for my life.

Application:

Many times in the past 23 years we have left houses and people we loved for the sake of the gospel of the kingdom, yet we currently don't own a home and struggle somewhat financially.  Each time I have stood on this verse, believing that one day, "in this life", we would have these things given back to us.  God has always blessed us and taken incredible care of us, but we really need to own a home at this point in our lives.  I am standing once again upon this promise of Jesus and believing He will provide this for us.

Prayer:

Father, You know my needs.  I trust You and am waiting for this promise to take full effect in my life.  I ask you for the miracle of home ownership once again.  You are my God and I will trust You in all things.  Please  provide the miracle for my family.  We will give you all the honor and glory.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment