Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Having an Abundance

Scripture:

Matthew 25:29 "To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance."

Observation:

In this parable, people are given different amounts of silver by a master who was going away for a while.  When the master returned, he asked for the money back.  The one who had the most, doubled it, and the master took away from the one who had the least and gave it to the one who had the most.  Jesus sums up the parable by saying that those who use well what they are given, will be given more and they will have an abundance.

Application:

Whatever you do for the Lord, do it with all your heart, mind and strength.  By doing this He will give you more and you will have an abundance.  Whatever God has entrusted you with, use it with diligence and excellence and He will increase it.  Instead of complaining about what we don't have, we should use wisely what we do have, and God will increase it.  Use every resource you have for the Kingdom of God.

Prayer:

Lord God, You are amazing and I love you!  Help me to wisely invest what you have given me to produce the most possible fruit.  I want to hear, "well done good and faithful servant" when I get to see You.  Teach me to be more effective in every area of the ministry You have called me to.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment