Friday, June 8, 2012

Persistent Faith is Great Faith

Scripture:

Matthew 15: 28 "'Dear woman', Jesus said to her, 'your faith is great.  Your request is granted'.  And her daughter was instantly healed".

Observation:

This verse is found in the story Jesus told of a Gentile woman whose daughter was tormented by demons.  She begged Jesus to come and heal her daughter and Jesus tried to get rid of her.  He told her that she really didn't deserve her prayers to be answered because she was a gentile, yet she kept coming because she knew He was her only hope.  Finally Jesus said it was done because of this woman's great faith.

Application:

Great faith is persistent faith!  Just as this woman kept coming to Jesus and bothering Him until He healed her daughter, we should continue to come to the Lord with issues in our lives until He moves on our behalf.  Many times we give up too early instead of pressing through in tough situations.  We need to be people of persistent faith who keep coming to the Lord knocking at His door until the door is opened.

Prayer:

Father, I know in my life that I have given up too early on things before.  I know that great faith is persistent faith like the woman in this story.  Help me to walk in great faith so I can please You better.  You are amazing! Thanks for this example of a woman who wouldn't give up until You did what she was asking for, then told her she had great faith.  Help me spread the glory of God today everywhere I go.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment