Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Watch for Him...He's Coming!

Scripture:

Mark 13:36-37  "Don't let him find you sleeping when he arrives without warning.  I say to you what I say to everyone: Watch for him!"

Observation:

Jesus is nearing the end of His life and is sharing with His disciples about His future and theirs.  He tells them that He will go away, but will return again.  He let's them know that they must remain alert and always be ready because He could come at any time.  Jesus tells them not to be sleeping when He comes, but to be watching for Him as a gatekeeper watches for people coming.

Application:

Many Christians today are not looking for the great rapture of the church.  People are going about their business like everything will continue forever as it always has been.  The early church was looking for His return and working hard for Him, believing He was coming back quickly.  Through the years, we have lost our passion and the expectancy of His return.  We must get it back.  He is coming soon and we must be working and watching for Him.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to be rapture ready at all times.  Help me keep my eyes on You and on completing Your work.  Help me live every day with eternity in mind.  I want to live ready and watching.  Keep the fire in me alive.

Looking for Your soon return,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment