Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Miraculous Signs

Scripture:

Mark 16:20 "And the disciples went everywhere and preached, and the Lord worked through them, confirming what they said by many miraculous signs".

Observation:

I love this description of the disciples actions after the ascension of Christ.  They "went everywhere", and everywhere they went, the Lord worked through them.  God confirmed what they said by many miraculous signs.  Jesus had just finished telling them that they were to go into all the world and preach the good news to everyone and that miraculous signs would follow them as they preached.  They did what He said and He did what He said He would do.  Miraculous signs were meant to be part of the preaching of the Gospel.  We need to be able to demonstrate what we are preaching.

Application:

I believe that this generation needs signs and wonders to follow the preaching of the word more than ever.  We need to seek God until He comes down in power and confirms our words with miraculous signs.  I believe in doing things as Jesus said we would and should.  We must seek Him until His power flows in our churches once again.  A powerless Gospel is not acceptable.

Prayer:

Father, I want to see the day of Your power revealed in my generation.  I want to see the lost coming to Christ in vast numbers.  I want to see the harvest that has been prophesied over this region.  Draw me back into your secret place and cause my heart to long for You again.  I feel You pulling me and drawing me deeper with You.  Help me to respond well.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment