Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fear the Right Thing

Scripture:

Matthew 10:28  "Don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul.  Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell".

Observation:

Jesus was sending out His twelve apostles to heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast our demons.  As He was sending them, He let them know that if they persecuted Him, they would also persecute those who come on His behalf.  He was sending them out, knowing that persecution was coming to them.  Jesus encouraged them by telling them that the only person to fear was the one who could put their body and soul in hell.  He told them not to fear any man, but fear God.

Application:

Fear is a controlling spirit that tries to limit us from our full potential.  Many times I have been trapped by the fear of man.  In those instances I have been more afraid of man and his opinions, than what God was telling me to do.  Jesus tells me to be more afraid of God than man because God can send me to hell.  When we truly understand this teaching, our witness in this world will be unstoppable.  We will boldly proclaim Christ in the marketplace without fear of man.  We must step out of the fear of man and into the fear of God.

Prayer:

Father, help me to fear You more and people less.  I want to be a bold witness for You.  Help me to be less worried about what others think and more worried about what You think.  Teach me to speak everything You give me without fear of how it will be received.  Increase my fear of the Lord.

Forever Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment