Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Joy of the Lord

Scripture:

Nehemiah 12:43 "Many sacrifices were offered on that joyous day, for God had given the people cause for great joy, The women and children also participated in the celebration, and the joy of the people of Jerusalem could be heard far away".

Observation:

SO often throughout the Bible I hear about the incredible joy that would come to those who were serving God with all their hearts. Here, as the wall of Jerusalem was being dedicated, the joy of the Lord could be heard a long way away. It says it was because God had given the people cause for great joy. There was an incredible celebration as the sacrifices were made.

Application:

We are told that the joy of the Lord is our strength. In this passage the joy was there because of what the Lord had done for them. As New Testament Christians, we should be living in a state of continual joy because of what the Lord has done for us. He has delivered us, healed us fixed our ruined lives, given us hope and a future. He has restored us, blessed us and seated us in heavenly places with Christ Jesus. How much more does He have to do in order for us to walk in great joy? Joy is the second fruit of the Spirit listed in Galatians. Right after love comes joy! We must get our joy back and allow following Jesus to be fun again.

Prayer:

Lord, I want Your joy in my life again. Somehow the happy go lucky individual I once was has been weighed down with a load of care and concern. Teach me the childlike faith I once had and give me the song in my heart again. I know Your joy and walked in it thoroughly for many years. I want it back in my life! I need You Lord more than ever before. Fill me with Your Spirit and teach me to leave my cares with You. Let my joy be FULL. I want to be a joyful person because I believe your best representatives are filled with joy and I want to represent You well.

You Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment