Thursday, August 19, 2010

Seeking God Leads to Prosperity

Scripture:

II Chronicles 26:5 "He sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God; and as long as he sought the Lord, God made him prosper".

Observation:

Uzziah was a good king who reigned for 52 years. That's a long time! He did what was right in the sight of the Lord until he felt comfortable enough to burn incense at the incense altar. From that point on he had leprosy. While he was seeking God properly, God made him prosper.

Application:

The last couple days the Lord has had me on this area of prosperity, which I usually tend to avoid because I don't like the way the prosperity message has been spread in the body of Christ. In this passage though, I again see God making someone prosper because they sought Him and obeyed Him. We must be people who seek the Lord and obey His voice. When we do, I believe He will prosper us in every area of life. I believe God wants to bless His children, but his children must be in a blessable condition. God seekers and obeyers seem to bring about His blessing.

Prayer:

Father, I want to seek You more and obey You more completely. Help me to follow You wholeheartedly, not that I may be blessed, but that I may know You more intimately. My hunger for You is growing again. I love You and want to know You more every day. Come Holy Spirit and work in my life. Bring about Your will in me and my family. I surrender to You and Your calling on my life.

Yours Completely,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment