Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Take Your Positions

Scripture:

II Chronicles 20:17 "But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand and watch the Lord's victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them tomorrow, for the Lord is with you!"

Observation:

Jehoshaphat had walked humbly before the Lord and had been pleasing in the Lord's sight. He had called on the name of the Lord and now enemy armies were coming against him. God gives him this word, "You will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand and watch the Lord's victory". God was going to fight their enemies, but He wanted them to get in their positions and prepare for battle. God always asks us to be part of the process when He is going to defeat our enemies.

Application:

Life would be easier if God would just destroy all our enemies and fix everything all the time without asking us to be part of the process. Our obedience is crucial to God destroying our enemies. He wants us to take steps of faith that we may see the salvation of the Lord. He asks us to show up for the battle, get in position, then watch Him. These are steps of faith in Him and obedience to His word. Our obedience is essential to Him defeating our enemies. He always asks us to do something.

Prayer:

Father, help me to "take my position" in the battle and do what You ask me to do. Help me not make excuses or delay what you want me to do. Teach me to be strong and trust You fully and completely. I want to see You kingdom come and Your will done. As you ask me to take my place in the battle, give me strength to do my part so you can do your part.

Your SOn,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment