Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Lord of Heaven's Armies

Scripture:

I Chronicles 11:9 "And David became more and more powerful, because the Lord of Heaven's Armies was with him".

Observation:

As David is becoming king, this little verse describes what actually happened. David became more and more powerful because the Lord of Heaven's Armies was with him. From this verse, I observe that the Lord has armies at his disposal on behalf of those whose hearts are pure before him. When He is with you, you cannot be defeated, when He is against you, you cannot win!

Application:

I want the Lord of Heaven's Armies to be on my side. It is Him that makes a person more and more powerful. God has armies of warriors at his disposal, I want to be on His side and have these armies fighting on my behalf. May we live lives that are so Godly that the commander of heaven's armies fights on our behalf, then we will never lose.

Prayer:

Lord of Heaven's Armies, teach me to walk with You. Teach me to live a life that pleases You and that you will honor. I want Your forces working with me and not against me. Show me areas of my life that don't have your blessing and give me power to change them. When you bless something, it is blessed. Help me live a surrendered life before You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment