Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ask and You Shall Receive

Scripture:

Ezra 7:6 "He came up to Jerusalem from Babylon, and the king gave him everything he asked for, because the gracious hand of the Lord his God was on him".

Observation:

God really blessed the people of Judah as they were coming out of Babylonian captivity. When they were completing the temple, they were given everything they needed. There was huge amounts of gold and silver given to them. They were given massive amounts of rams, cattle, etc to sacrifice. This verse tells us the reason: 1. He ask for it! 2. the gracious hand of God was on him.

Application:

As a believer, the good hand of God is already on my life. Jesus died to give me access to the very throne of God and I am seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus. Everything I need is already in the hands of my God and every need is easily met when He gets involved. The good hand of God was upon Ezra and he got everything he asked for. My problem is that I tend to trust God, but don't like to ask for help. Jesus said "Ask, and it will be given". James said "we have not because we ask not". I need to learn to ask.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to be more bold about asking for help. The things You have called me to do are far beyond my present resources and we barely make it each month now. I need to change in this area. I ask You to let the good hand of the Lord be on my life and teach me to be bold enough to ask for help when it is needed. Ezra got what he asked for. I just always feel weird asking. Teach me this that we may advance Your kingdom in a stronger way.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment