Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Magnificent

Scripture:

II Chronicles 2:5 "This must be a magnificent Temple because our God is greater than all other gods".

Observation:

As Solomon prepared to build the Temple for God which his father David had prepared him for, he made sure it was going to be magnificent. He wanted to build something for God that demonstrated that God was above every other god in the world. He wanted only the absolute best, made with the absolute best artisans and builders.

Application:

Does what we do bring our God honor? Does the way we work, the way we act, the way we live, demonstrate the magnificence of God? As believers, we should want the absolute best for our God. Our lives should be lives of excellence because we want to bring glory to the most magnificent god in the universe. Let's live in excellence and give God the greatest honor possible with our lives.

Prayer:

Father, help me to give You my absolute best. Tech me to live a life that will bring You great glory. I may not be able to build You another Temple, but my body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit. Help me to present it to You the best I possibly can, that You may be glorified.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment