Tuesday, August 3, 2010

24/7 Worship

Scripture:

I Chronicles 9:33 "The musicians, all prominent Levites, lived at the Temple. They were exempt from all other responsibilities since they were on duty alt all hours".

Observation:

God's children had been exiled to Babylon and were returning in groups to Jerusalem and the other cities. As they returned, the Levites, priests, etc. came first to re-establish worship before others came. On their way back we read this little verse that tells us the musicians lived at the Temple and were exempt from all other duties as priests because they were on duty at all hours. Worship with musical instruments was going on at all times. These people had no other responsibilities except worship God with instruments 24/7.

Application:

God loves our worship! He desires His people to worship Him. As we read the book of Revelation, we see that worship goes on in heaven 24/7 for eternity. We need to take a deeper look at worship and understand that God desires worshippers who will worship Him 24/7. He wants more than worship for 25 minutes on Sunday morning. He desires our worship! God is so awesome and deserves our worship and praise in every possible way. may the body of Christ once again see the importance of worship and give ourselves fully to worshipping our God.

Prayer:


Lord, teach me to worship You more fully. Show me how You want to be worshipped. I don't want to worship my way, but I want to worship You Your way. Take me out of tradition and teach me how worship takes place in heaven. I want to learn to become the best worshipper of my God that I can. You deserve the worship you desire!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment