Friday, August 13, 2010

God's Amazing Favor

Scripture:

II Chronicles 9:8 "Praise the Lord your God, who delights in you and has placed you on the throne as king to rule for him. Because God loves Israel and desires this kingdom to last forever, he has made you king over them so you can rule them with justice and righteousness".

Observation:

In this verse I see God's amazing favor! When God put his hand on Solomon's life, He did it right. Solomon was blessed with unbelievable wealth, crazy favor, wisdom found nowhere else on the earth, and so much more. When God delights in someone, he will place them where they can make the most impact for his kingdom. It was God who placed Solomon where he was. It was God who taught him all things. It was God who blessed him, promoted him, trained him, etc.

Application:

Today we love to relish in our accomplishments and what we have done with our lives. We like to think we are doing well today because we took control of our destiny and worked hard. We can work hard all the time, but when God's favor comes on a life, He will raise them up for His glory! It all starts and stops with God. When He sees my love for Him and devotion to Him, He raises me up, so that my life will bring Him glory. It is all about Him! From start to finish, out lives are really not about us, but about Him. When He bring favor on our lives, we will only be able to give credit to the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord, I love You and once again surrender my life into Your hands. You created me and shaped me. You called me and have led me. You are my source, my rock, my delivered, my strong tower. You are my everything! Let my life bring Your glory. Let the way I live bring your glory. Let the way I speak bring You glory. Let my family bring Your glory. Let my life bring honor to Your name and make you look good!

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment