Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Obedience and Prosperity

Scripture:

II Chronicles 24:20 "Then the Spirit of God came upon Zechariah son of Jehoiada the priest. He stood before the people and said, 'This is what God says: Why do you disobey the Lord's commands and keep yourselves from prospering?'"

Observation:

Throughout scripture one can see a correlation between prosperity and serving the Lord with all your heart. Almost everyone in the OT who really followed the Lord and obeyed him fully also had great prosperity. In this case, Zechariah says it plainly, "Why do you disobey the Lord's commands and keep yourselves from prospering?" If disobedience keeps us from prospering, then obedience should cause us to prosper.

Application:

God is a good God who loves to bless His children and lavish them with good things. It is not His will for His children to be broke, busted and disgusted. He loves to prosper His children, but He also has conditions. He expects obedience and obedience brings blessing. When I disobey God, I can closing the windows of heaven that I have been trying to get open over my life. Obedience is not for the purpose of controlling us and making us have miserable lives, obedience is so that the blessing of God can flow unhindered in our lives.

Prayer:

Lord, there are things I know I should have done by now which I haven't. I have disobeyed and I ask You to forgive me. I will do my best to go back and complete every assignment You have given me. I need help in order to complete these assignments. Please send me the help I need to make it easier to obey Your voice. Sometimes I feel like You have given me things to do that take many people to accomplish, but I don't have the people so I wait on accomplishing them. I will begin by myself and look to You to provide the manpower to pull them off. Help me obey You.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment