Saturday, August 7, 2010

Real leadership

Scripture:

I Chronicles 21:17b "Let Your Hand, O Lord my God, be against me and my father's house, but not against Your people that they should be plagued".

Observation:

God is about to judge Israel because David had numbered them. The angel of the Lord was ready to begin destruction and David stands up and asks him to spare the people and let the judgment fall on him. he was ready to take full responsibility for his actions and not see innocent people suffer because of his decisions.

Application:

As leaders, we are called to take full responsibility for our actions. David was a great example of this because he asked the Lord to punish him personally instead of punishing the nation. He could have said nothing and nobody would have known, but he stands up and admits his mistakes. he not only admits, but asks God to ppunish him fully for it. Leaders must take responsibility for their actions. We must not let judgment fall on those we lead, rather, we must be responsible.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to lead like David led. Teach me to put my people ahead of myself. I want to serve You completely and fully. Help me to lay down my life for the sheep. Help us on this outreach today. Help me keep my attitude right and see Your glory in North Fork today. let souls be saved!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment