Friday, August 20, 2010

Praise and Worship

Scripture:

II Chronicles 29:30 "King Hezekiah and the officials ordered the Levites to praise the Lord with the psalms written by David and by Asaph the seer. So they offered joyous praise and bowed down in worship".

Observation:

King Hezekiah understood how to relate to God and how to have God forgive, heal, restore, and make all things news. He understood that the first thing that needed to happen was for cleanse the Levites and once they were cleansed they needed to get praise and worship going in the Temple as quickly as possible. Once the praise and worship started, the sacrifices were coming behind as they were restoring Moses pattern of worship give to him from God Himself.

Application:

I see a progression that Hezekiah used to bring God's favor and blessing back onto Judah. He started with cleansing, went into praise and worship, then began to sacrifice. When we come into the Lord's presence as NT believers, it is still a good pattern to follow. We should start out by cleansing ourselves and repenting of things we know we shouldn't have have. Next we need to move into vibrant praise and heartfelt worship. From there we should offer ourselves as a sacrifice. All of this before we ask God for anything. We must learn to put ourselves into a position that God can bless. Hezekiah asked for joyous praise and for worship where we would bow down.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me how to come into Your presence effectively and the way You want me to. I want Your blessing on my life. I need You Lord to speak to me every day of my life. Show me how to be in the position for You to bless me that way.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment