Wednesday, June 2, 2010

When God Fights Your battles

Scripture:

Joshua 10:42 "Joshua conquered all these kings and their land in a single campaign for the Lord, the God of Israel, was fighting for His people".

Observation:

After Joshua dealt with the sin of Achan and Israel was clean before God, fully obeying His words, God began to give them victory over every one of their enemies. Joshua was instructed what to do and when he did what God said, God would fight for him. They literally defeated 31 kings in a row without a defeat. I also notice that God fought for them as long as they lived in total obedience. It would have been easier for Joshua to make treaties with other kings, but he obeyed exactly what the Lord said.

Application:

Obedience always brings blessings. I tell my children this all the time. When Joshua obeyed the Lord, Israel was unstop able and their enemies were totally afraid of them. When you are walking in total obedience to the Lord, He will fight your battles for you and when He fights your battles, you win every time. We must do our best to live a fully surrendered life to the Lord. We must do what He leads us to do, then He will fight our battles. When He fights your battles, you can never fail.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to walk in total obedience to You. I want to walk with You and talk with you. I want you to direct my steps. I know there are some things you have spoken to me that I need to do. Forgive me for not walking in total obedience. Sometimes I feel like what you are leading me to do is too difficult, but when I look at Joshua I understand that it will bring your name glory.

You're the Best!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment