Tuesday, June 8, 2010

God Can Use Anyone

Scripture:

Judges 6:15 "But lord, Gideon replied, How can I rescue Israel? My clan is the weakest in the whole tribe of Manasseh, and I am the least in my entire family".

Observation:

The Lord was calling Gideon to rescue Israel from the hands of the Midianites. God had just told him, "Go in this strength you have, and rescue Israel from the Midianites". Gideon felt like God was calling the wrong person because he was the least likely to rescue anybody, let alone an entire nation. He felt like the least, but God will take the least likely, put his Spirit on him or her, and use them mightily for His glory. God receives all the glory when the person involved knows that there is no way they could have done the job alone.

Application:

A poor self image is nothing to be desired, but a person of humility is a powerful weapon in God's hand. When we realize that we can do nothing without God's help, we are in the position of victory. As long as we think we know what to do and that we are strong enough to defeat the enemies of our lives, we are not completely depending on God. God chose Gideon because he knew that Gideon would have to depend on God and not on himself. As we humble ourselves before the Lord, God will raise us up. As we depend less on self and more on the Lord, He will work mightily on our behalf. Stay in the place of utter dependence on Him.

Prayer:

Help me to depend on You more and myself less. You are in control of the universe and surely You know how to work out the details of my life. Teach me to release control of my life into your hands and to trust you. Help me to have a healthy self image, but remain totally dependent on You. You are the center of my life and I want to trust You more every day. Fight my battles and help me today I pray.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment