Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Reason I Live

Scripture:

Acts 26:18 "Yes I am sending you to the Gentiles to open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then they will receive forgiveness for the sins and be given a place among God's people, who are set apart by faith in me".

Observation:

Paul is on trial before King Agrippa. He is giving an explanation of why he is doing the things he is doing. At this point he is giving his personal testimony of how Jesus appeared to him and called him to preach the gospel to the Gentiles. He tells king Agrippa that Jesus sent him to "open their eyes", "see them turn from darkness to light", to see them turn from the power of Satan to the power of God", so they can have forgiveness of sins and a place with God's people.

Application:

The reason I live is to see people set free from the power of Satan and given access as a child of God. I want to see people move from darkness to light. I want to see people who nobody wanted, accepted into the family of God and given a hope and a future. Paul was sent by Jesus to speak to the Gentiles. I wish all who heard me speak of Jesus would have an encounter with Jesus at the level that Paul did. This guy had a dramatic encounter with the resurrected Christ and nobody could take it away from him. No amount of persecution or problems can take away a personal encounter with Jesus. I want to see more and more people have a personal encounter with my Lord.

Prayer:

Lord, I live to see you turn people's hearts. I want to see Your name glorified in all the earth. I ask you this morning to confirm the preaching of your word with signs following. I ask you to turn people from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to the power of God. Let people once again have an encounter with you that can never be denied or questioned. Paul told his testimony to everyone, everywhere and never worried that they might not believe him. He did this because it was so real to him that it could never be taken away. Do it again in my generation Lord!

I Love You,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment