Monday, June 14, 2010

Don't Ask Me To Turn back

Scripture:

Ruth 1:16 "But Ruth replied, 'Don't ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God'".

Observation:

Ruth had just become a widow, which put her in a very difficult place as a woman. The best and easiest thing to do would be to go home to her mom and dad and mourn. The normal person would have gone back to what was familiar instead of following a woman who was also a widow and saying she would serve a God she didn't know. Evidently she had seen something in this family while she was a daughter in law that made her know that the God they served was awesome. Naomi had told her to go back to her people and to her god, but she refused.

Application:

When the pressure is on, most people go back to what is familiar to them. If they are a drug user, pressure will cause them to go back. I an alcoholic, pressure will cause them to take a drink. When pressure is applied, most people turn back toward what they are most familiar with. As believers, we must turn to God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. We must never look back. As Ruth had stepped over the line and said she would never go back, we must say the same. No matter what pressure comes in to my life, I will serve God.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to see souls saved. I want you to use my life to populate heaven. I want to see souls saved to the point that they never turn away from You. Lead me into seeing true repentance and conversion of people so they would have a relationship with You that they could never turn back from.

Love,
Jeff

1 comment:

  1. I thank Lord Jesus for using you to write in this blog. This blog is really very helpful for HIS children to purify them and also for estabilishing a good relationship with GOD.

    ReplyDelete