Friday, June 4, 2010

How Long Are You Going to Wait?

Scripture:

Joshua 18:3 "Then Joshua asked them, 'How long are you going to wait before taking possession of the remaining land the Lord, the God of your ancestors, has given you?'"

Observation:

Joshua was giving out each tribe's allotment of land from the Lord. After a while of telling them who would get what pieces of land and what the boundaries were going to be, he asks them how long they were going to wait before they take possession of the remaining land God had given them.

Application:

This morning, these words jumped off the page to me. I feel like God is asking me how long I am going to wait on some things He has given me to do. Sometimes we wait for the best opportunity, convenience, or for everything to be perfectly ready for the next step. God wants His people to take possession of what He already gave His Son to pay for. He wants us to take possession of His promises. If His word says something, Why are we waiting to take possession of it? Now is the time to step out by faith into the possession of the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord, make me bold enough to go after the things I know You have called me to do. Help me overcome insecurity and anything else that causes me to not walk by faith. Give me the strength to go after, with all my heart, the promises You have given me. I want to take possession of the land, help me do it!

Thanks for speaking to me today,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment