Tuesday, June 1, 2010

God's Word

Scripture:

Joshua 8:35 "Every word of every command that Moses has ever given was read to the entire assembly of Israel, including the women and children and the foreigners who lived among them".

Observation:

Israel was on a roll. They had come over the Jordan river into the promised land. They defeated Jericho. Now they came a little city called Ai and were defeated in what should have been an easy battle. There was sin in the camp and God wanted it dealt with. Once the sin was dealt with and the city was defeated, Joshua had every command Moses had ever commanded read to everyone in Israel.

Application:

The Word of God is precious. It brings life, truth and peace to us when we read an obey it.I am thankful for every word in the word of God. This is why I love our daily wash so much. We read the entire thing, every word of it. I believe this is important so we are sure we are reading things in context and that we get the whole picture.

Prayer:

Lord, keep me in Your word. When I live by Your word, I prosper and am in health. When I live according to your word, life is better. Your word is amazing and reaches into my soul and brings me strength. Thank you for giving us your word. It is awesome!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment