Monday, June 7, 2010

Cry Out to the Lord

Scripture:

Judges 3:9 "But when the people of Israel cried out to the Lord for help, the Lord raised up a rescuer to save them. His name was Othniel, the son of Caleb's younger brother".

Observation:

Judges is a sad book in the Bible because it describes Israel after its great leaders Moses and Joshua. It is a time where every man did right in his own eyes, which is a very scary place to live. Israel continued over an over to forsake the Lord and follow other gods. Even when they were totally messed up and serving other gods, when Israel would cry out to God for help, He would rescue them from their enemies.

Application:

When God's people cry out to Him, He responds! He is a rescuer of those who call on Him and turn to Him with all their heart. God is compared to a father many times. Even when a child messes up majorly, when a parent hears the cry of their child, they will respond quickly and compassionately. It is a built in function of raising children. We must learn to "Cry Out" to the Lord, when things are good and when things are bad.

Prayer:

Father, I thank you for speaking with me. You are my rock and my fortress. Me deliverer in whom I trust. Thank you for being a loving and merciful father who looks over the messes we make with our lives when we call on your name. Thank you for not giving us what we deserve, rather you rescue us from our own choices. Thank you for allowing us to call out to You, knowing you will respond and rescue your children. Help me live a life that won't require me to call out in my messes, but to whisper your name as we walk close together.

I Love You Lord,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment