Thursday, June 17, 2010

City Wide Impact

Scripture:

Acts 5:28 "'Didn't we tell you never again to teach in this man's name?' he demanded. 'Instead, you have filled all Jerusalem with your teaching about Him, and you want to make us responsible for His death'".

Observation:

The disciples had walked with Jesus for 3-1/2 years. They had seen Him heal the sick, raise the dead and cast out devils. They were eyewitnesses to the resurrection. At this point Jesus was risen and had ascended to heaven to be at the right hand of the Father. The disciples had been filled with the Holy Spirit and they had received boldness beyond belief. They were not ashamed of the gospel. The only thing they feared was God. The accusation against them in a short period after the resurrection of Christ was that they had filled the city with teaching about Christ.

Application:

Oh that we would fill cities once again with the teachings of Christ. I want to see the day when the body of Christ is so empowered that they are filling cities with the message of Christ. I believe we need another Pentecost to get the church on fire again. We need to seek God until we see city-wide revivals. May they say of us one day, "these are the ones that have filled Ashburn with teaching about Christ".

Prayer:

Lord, make us bold believers who are not afraid of what anyone thinks. Teach me to be more bold in my witness. Help me to fill Ashburn with the good news of Jesus Christ. I need Your anointing on my life. I ask you to guide me to those who need Christ most and are ready to receive Him. I want to see city-wide impact!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment