Thursday, November 4, 2021

Then They Will Know

 Scripture:

“The king will mourn, the prince will be clothed with despair, and the hands of the people of the land will tremble. I will deal with them according to their conduct, and by their own standards I will judge them. “ ‘Then they will know that I am the Lord.’ ”” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭7:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Israel had sinned terribly and forsaken their covenant with the Lord. They had walked away from Him and His ways to do their own thing. Just prior to this verse, God was explaining how terrible it was going to be for them because they had walked away from Him.  At the very end of a series of awful judgments you hear the heart of God, “Then they will know that I am the Lord.”

Application:

Throughout the entirety of Scripture I see one overarching theme. God wants to be our God and He wants us to be His people. He wants the world to know He is God and will do anything, including sending His own Son to die on behalf of the world so they will know He is the Lord. He will execute judgment, so that they will know that I am God. His heart is for us to know Him, not to punish us for disobedience. He wants us to know and fear Him.

Prayer:

Father, may You never have to bring judgment into my life so I will know You are God. Help me to always walk in step with You and honor You at all times.  Guide me today and allow me to represent You well. Live big in me Lord and help me to fulfill Your will in the earth.  Help me to multiply what You have put in my hand.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment