Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Obedience When I Don’t Know Where I’m Going

 Scripture:

“By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.” Hebrews‬ ‭11:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Abraham was asked by God to go to a place He would show him. He picked up his family and started heading to a place he knew nothing about and didn’t even know where it was. All he knew was that God would show him. This is faith. No wonder he is called the father of faith.

Application:

My question today is, “Will I obey the Lord when His commands are fuzzy and unclear? Will I follow the Lord when He doesn’t give me all the details? I want to say yes, but I know I sometimes wait for the details before heading off to a place I know nothing about. I want to truly be a person of faith and obedience.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to follow You well, as Abraham did. Teach me to trust You, even when You don’t give me all the details. Enable me to follow You closely and to do what You say, whether I agree or not. Help me to live in step with You and Your will for my life.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment