Saturday, November 27, 2021

God’s Love

 Scripture:

“The Lord said to me, “Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another man and is an adulteress. Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes.”” ‭‭Hosea‬ ‭3:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Israel had walked away from the Lord and Hosea was demonstrating that through marrying a prostitute, who continued to cheat on him. In this passage, Hosea is told by the Lord to go and show love to the woman who had cheated on him as the Lord still loves the Israelites, even thought they continue to turn to other gods.

Application:

God loves His people. He continues to pursue us, even when we are straying away from Him. He always stands with open arms, waiting for His children to return home to Him. Even when we are unfaithful, He is faithful. He continues to search for ways to bring us back to Him. How much more should we want to be faithful to Him and walk according to His ways? We must return love with love.

Prayer:

Father, You love me with an everlasting love. Help me to love You back in the same way. May my life be lived in such a way that You can see my love for You and never have to doubt my love for You. Thank You for Your faithfulness, even when my faith struggles. You are amazing!

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment