Thursday, November 11, 2021

Restoration

 Scripture:

““ ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: When I gather the people of Israel from the nations where they have been scattered, I will be proved holy through them in the sight of the nations. Then they will live in their own land, which I gave to my servant Jacob. They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God.’ ”” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭28:25-26‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

God has been speaking through Ezekiel concerning the different nations He was going to punish an dhow He was going to destroy them. Here, the Lord speaks of gathering Israel from where He scattered them and blessing them. He says He will then punish their neighbors, but His people will live in peace and blessing. There was a time for their judgment, but God always has a time for restoration.

Application:

God disciplines His children, but He is always focused more on their restoration than their punishment. His goal is always the same, “Then they will know that I am the Lord their God.” God wants us to be completely His and to live as He plans and desires us to live. When we walk in His ways, we are blessed in every way.  When we do our own thing, He will bring discipline us, but always with restoration in mind. He is the God of restoration. When we are going through difficult times, we can always look to God for restoration.

Prayer:

Father, You are good and I love You with all my heart. You are my strength and my deliverer. You are my shield and defense. You are the one who restores me when I mess up. Thank You for never giving up on me. Let me live more like You desire today and throughout my life. Let my life reflect Your glory and make You look good instead of bad.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment