Wednesday, November 10, 2021

The Time Has Come

 Scripture:

““ ‘I the Lord have spoken. The time has come for me to act. I will not hold back; I will not have pity, nor will I relent. You will be judged according to your conduct and your actions, declares the Sovereign Lord.’ ”” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, God is speaking to Jerusalem and Judah about the sins they have been committing for a very long time.  They had walked away from God and were following idols made by their own hands. They were serving the gods of the other countries around them, but had broken their covenant with the living God. The Lord speaks and says, “The time has come for me to act.” 

Application:

There is a time God gives His people to repent and turn to Him. His heart is always to bring about repentance when we get off track, but there is also a limit. There is always a time in God. Here, we see a time for judgment. Sometimes we see a time for restoration, but God always has a timing. We must seek the Lord and follow Him closely so we can know the times and season God is working in. 

Prayer:

Father, I want to know Your voice and see what You are doing in the earth. You have a plan and there is always a time involved.  Help me to know the timings of God. Show me things to come and help me to discern what You are doing in our nation and around the world. I know there are set times for certain things. Reveal more and more to me. I want to know Your timing.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment