Sunday, November 7, 2021

Recapture Hearts

 Scripture:

“I will do this to recapture the hearts of the people of Israel, who have all deserted me for their idols.’”‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭14:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Israel had turned strongly against the Lord and His covenant. They had prostituted do themselves with other gods and had sinned greatly, to the point of sacrificing their own children to these other gods. God is talking here about His punishment for them, but even in that He says, “I will do this to recapture the hearts of the people of Israel.” God is always about bringing His people home to Him.

Application:

God will go to great lengths as seen in Ezekiel and Jeremiah, to turn His people back to Him. He will use whatever is necessary to get hearts to turn back to Him. His purpose, though, is never just to punish His people, but to draw them back into relationship with Him so He can bless them once again. God acts to capture our hearts. We need to respond when He captures our hearts. We need to return to Him with all our hearts when He moves in our lives.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to be the person You want me to be. You are incredible! Let me hear the whisper of Your voice and let Your hand be upon my life for Your purposes. Help me to represent Your heart to this around me by seeking all ways to bring them back to You.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment