Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Moving Forward

 Scripture:

““ ‘When the people of the land come before the Lord at the appointed festivals, whoever enters by the north gate to worship is to go out the south gate; and whoever enters by the south gate is to go out the north gate. No one is to return through the gate by which they entered, but each is to go out the opposite gate.” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭46:9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Ezekiel here tells us about worship at the Temple of God.  He basically says whatever entry you come in, you must go out the opposite entryway. If you came in the South Gate, you are to leave the north gate. 

Application:

When we come into God’s presence, we should never leave the same as when we came in. When we encounter the Lord, we should be transformed and leave the place different than when we came in. There may have been some practical application for this, but it makes a spiritual point. We must never leave church the same way we came. We should exit through a new gate, going to new places. You can’t experience God and go back to where you were.  There are new things God has for us, so we must keep on moving forward.

Prayer:

Father, I ask You to help me to never leave Your presence the same way I came into it. Change me. Modify me. Let me go to new territories and do new things instead of going backward. I like forward progress. Help me to lead others well into new places in You.  Teach me not to look back, but to always look forward and keep moving forward.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment