Monday, November 8, 2021

Repent and Live

 Scripture:

“For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭18:32‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking through Ezekiel and tells His people that He is gong to punish them for their disobedience and their following the practices of other gods. He speaks judgment, then you hear His heart. This comes through every time you hear the Lord speak of His judgment. He doesn’t take pleasure in disciplining His people.  He would rather we just repent and live, but He will do what it takes to get us in right position with Him.

Application:

God is not a mean God who takes pleasure in hurting people or disciplining them. I know as a father I hated disciplining my sons.  I would rather they just live right and me not have to go there, but I knew it would help them if I disciplined them.  My desire to help them be better was stronger than my desire to feel good. Therefore, I disciplined them. God would rather not bring discipline into our lives, but will do it to keep us on track. 

Prayer:

Father, You are good and Your mercy endures forever! You are amazing and I love You with all my heart. This week we have revival services in the church. Pour out Your Spirit. Let people come to Christ. Let bodies be healed. Let people be filled with Your Spirit. Come Holy Spirit and Rend the Heavens. Let Your presence be upon us this weekend.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment