Sunday, November 14, 2021

Heart Surgery

 Scripture:

“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭36:26-27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

 In this passage, Ezekiel is speaking to Israel, who had been far from God and had been punished by God fro their disobedience. He tells them when they return to the Lord, He will give them a new heart and spirit. He will remove a hard heart and give them a heart of flesh that is pliable and moldable. He would go as far as to put His own Spirit within them to move them to follow His ways. God went to extremes to help us follow Him completely.

Application:

God did everything possible to give us the ability to live for Him. He paid the price of His own dear Son so that we could have His heart and His Spirit within us. We cannot live a life of disobedience to Him in any area. We must yield to this loving and faithful God who would go to great extremes to give us what we need in order to follow Him well.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are great and glorious! You are amazing and I honor You today. Help me to follow You completely and with my whole heart. You have made a way for me to serve You well and fulfill Your will.  Help me to yield to it and not resist God, but assist God in walking out Your will in my life.

I’m Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment