Wednesday, November 3, 2021

The Heavens Were Opened

 Scripture:

“In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The book of Ezekiel starts out with an introduction of Ezekiel and he tells his story. He was among the exiles by the river when the heavens were opened and he saw visions of God. Wow! What a way to open a book of prophetic words to a nation far from God. I would love to know in more detail, what he saw and what open heavens look like.

Application:

We are having revival services next week entitled, “Rend the Heavens” where we are asking God to rip the heavens open and come down in power and great might. We are crying out for the presence of God to come in greater levels to heal our land. Great things happen when the heavens are opened and we want them open in our region. We are starting with three days of fasting to “Rend our Hearts.”

Prayer:

Father, rend the heavens and come down. Speak to us as friend with friend. I long to encounter You once again. I long for Your presence and Your power to flow strongly in our gatherings.  Help me to walk with You and to obey Your voice at all times. Let me be more sensitive to Your Spirit and fulfill all You have for me, for my family, and for the church we are blessed to lead.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment