Friday, April 24, 2020

When God is With You

Scripture:

“Then the LORD turned to him and said, “Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. Have I not sent you?” So he said to Him, “O my Lord, how can I save Israel? Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house.” And the LORD said to him, “Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man.””
‭‭Judges‬ ‭6:14-16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

The angel of the Lord had come to Gideon and told him to save Israel from the Midianites.  The angel said, “Have I not sent you?”  Gideon argued how powerless he was compared to the army of Midian and the LORD said to him, “Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man.”  God confirmed to Gideon that He had sent him and that He was with him.

Application:

No matter who our enemy is, if we know God has sent us and He is with us, we can rest assured that victory will be ours.  In Matthew 28, Jesus sent us and told us He would be with us.  Therefore, we can walk in confidence, knowing He is with us.  Just as Gideon felt powerless, many believers feel powerless to advance God’s kingdom.  Our confidence is not in ourselves, but in God who sent us and who is with us.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in confidence that You have sent me and that You are with me at all times.  Help me to realize, no matter what You ask me to do, that You will bring it to pass if I will simply trust You.  Strengthen my trust in You.  Defeat your enemies through my life and extend your Kingdom.  Yours is the kingdom and the power and glory forever, amen!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment