Thursday, April 16, 2020

Being Like Jesus

Scripture:

“how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:38‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Peter was preaching to the household of Cornelius, the first Gentile converts to Christianity.  In his message, he made the statement above.  He told them that Jesus went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil because God was with Him.  I love the way Peter described what Jesus did, “He went about doing good and healing.”  We talk about being more like Jesus.

Application:

When we talk about being more like Jesus, maybe we should focus on simply doing good everywhere we go and healing the sick wherever we go as well. Doing good deeds for people always opens people up for Gospel conversation.  As Christ’s representatives, we should be focused on doing good and healing hurts wherever we see them. 

Prayer:

Lord, help me to be more like Christ.  Empower me to do as much good as possible.  Teach me to do good works and change the environments I end up in throughout my day.  Empower me to heal the sick around me.  Thank You for healing my eyes and confirming it with the doctor yesterday.  Now, let me take Your healing and goodness to the world I live in.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment