Friday, April 10, 2020

How Long?

Scripture:

“Then Joshua said to the children of Israel: “How long will you neglect to go and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers has given you?”
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭18:3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

After the children of Israel were in the Promised Land and had conquered much of it, there were some tribes that didn’t go in and take possession of their part.  Joshua speaks to them here and asks them how long they would neglect to go in and possess that which the LORD had given them.  They had seen God deliver the other tribes and work on their behalf, but had not personally gone after what was promised to them.

Application:

Sometimes in life it is easy to settle for what you have and where you are instead of going after the things God has prepared for you.  God had given them the land, but they needed to rise up, claim it, and invade it.  Sometimes in my life I feel like God has given me some opportunities that I haven’t risen up, claimed and invaded.  I don’t want to be a settler, but one who grabs hold of everything God has for me.  God has done His part, I need to do mine.

Prayer:

Father, concerning the promises You have given me for my life, enable me to rise up, claim them, and invade them for You and Your kingdom.  Help me not to settle for things that are lesser than what You have called me to do.  Teach me to take steps of faith and not to settle.  I am Yours.  Help me to follow you wholeheartedly like Caleb and take possession of Your promises.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment