Saturday, April 11, 2020

When God Breaks the Rules

Scripture:

“And they gave them Kirjath Arba ( Arba was the father of Anak), which is Hebron, in the mountains of Judah, with the common-land surrounding it. But the fields of the city and its villages they gave to Caleb the son of Jephunneh as his possession.”
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭21:11-12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Prior to this verse, the Israelites had all received their portion of land and now the Levitical priests were receiving theirs.  One of their cities was Hebron, which had been inhabited by giants.  The interesting thing is that Caleb got the fields and the villages of the city of the priests.  Caleb was the son of a Kennizite, not an Israelite, yet he inherited the area surrounding the priests.  God has always honored faith above nationality, race, tribe, etc.  Caleb was a man of faith and was given an inheritance with the priests of Israel.  God broke the rules for Caleb because of his faith.

Application:

Caleb fought for Israel and trusted God would give them victory over their enemies, even though he wasn’t one of them.  He had strong faith and inherited a great piece of land in the Promised land with the priesthood.  Faith will take you places you don’t deserve to be in because God always honors faith, no matter who the person is.  I want to walk in faith and believe God like Caleb.  I want to still be taking mountains at 85.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk by faith and not by sight.  Help me to see things from Your perspective and not be controlled by my surroundings or the people speaking into my ears.  I want to serve You well.  Bless my life and my family.  Let me inherited everything You have planned for me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment