Monday, April 20, 2020

God’s Protection Detail

Scripture:

“And he called for two centurions, saying, “Prepare two hundred soldiers, seventy horsemen, and two hundred spearmen to go to Caesarea at the third hour of the night; and provide mounts to set Paul on, and bring him safely to Felix the governor.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭23:23-24‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Paul had been taken as a prisoner and the Jews had plotted to kill him.  A large group of men took an oath that they would not eat until Paul was dead because he was leading people in The Way of Jesus Christ.  God had already said that Paul would go to Rome, but these men wanted to kill him.  A smart leader sent Paul up the chain of command with 200 soldiers, 70 horsemen and 200 spearmen.  Paul was led and protected by 470 army personnel to get him to his next destination on his way to Rome.  God will make a way for His will to be accomplished.

Application:

Paul had a mission to go to Rome.  God had made that clear to him.  It was through imprisonment, difficulty, and false accusations that he got there, but God made sure it happened.  We must realize that God can use whatever He needs to in order to bring you into your destiny.  His destiny may be difficult at times, but nothing can stop it, even if He has to have a small army take you there.  God can place a supernatural protection detail, or He can arrange for a small army, but God protects His people who are on His mission.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust You more and more in my life.  I know You have the power to take care of every detail concerning the mission You have sent me on.  Help me to be effective in all that I do and keep me and my family protected that we may complete every assignment You give me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment