Thursday, April 9, 2020

I Shall Be Able to Drive Them Out

Scripture:

“As yet I am as strong this day as on the day that Moses sent me; just as my strength was then, so now is my strength for war, both for going out and for coming in. Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the LORD spoke in that day; for you heard in that day how the Anakim were there, and that the cities were great and fortified. It may be that the LORD will be with me, and I shall be able to drive them out as the LORD said.””
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭14:11-12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Caleb was now 85 years old, had wandered in the wilderness for 40 years because of someone else’s lack of faith in God, fought battles in his old age, and then approached Joshua and told him we has ready to receive his inheritance.  He told Joshua he still as strong as he was at forty and that he wanted the mountain that was promised to him 45 years earlier.  He even knew there were still some giants in the land he was promised, but knew that God would help him drive them out.  He was a man of incredible faith in God and personal strength from God.

Application:

Caleb is one of my most favorite people in the Bible.  He was a man who believed His God could, and would, do anything.  He strongly believed that if God was with him, he could accomplish anything.  I want to walk in that level of confidence and trust in God.  I also don’t want my faith to diminish as a grow older, but to increase.

Prayer:

Lord God, increase my faith to believe You can do what You say You can do.  Help me to say yes when You say yes.  Help me to believe You will do what You say You will do.  Increase my faith as I grow older and don’t let is diminish.  I want to be going after new mountains till the end of my life.  I don’t look forward to retiring and slowing down, but taking new territories for You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment